Categories

Monday 21 October 2013

Foundation Frenzy!!

Good afternoon!

When I give makeup tips specifically, I like to give you two options; the affordable and the expensive. It is very important to me that every single one of my viewers can relate and have access to the products that I post and review on my blog. I personally have a more expensive taste in makeup (usually with good reasoning) but I also enjoy the cheaper products that are out there and love to experiment my looks with all kinds of different brand names. Also, all reviews that are made here are strictly mine and mine only. I will not shy away from giving a bad review either.

A topic/question that girls just find themselves talking or asking about way to often is… (Drumroll)… What foundation do you use?
This is such a highly talked about makeup product that women just can’t get enough of! I only recently started wearing foundation, which covers up blemishes and evens out your skin tone. To be honest, it took a lot of patience, testers, and money to finally get it right. What a process! Hopefully for you newbies, this will help you get past what I went through and get you straight to the good stuff!

I have two recommendations for foundations. One is a very affordable, easy to apply foundation that can be bought at any Pharmacy or drug store and the other is a high-end, expensive yet impressive foundation.

Rimmel: Wake Me Up Foundation
This is my first foundation that I have ever purchased! I have tried dozens of other foundations since then and yet I still carry this around in my makeup bag. It has a moisturizing texture and is very light on your skin. It doesn’t have that thickness that most foundations possess. It’s more of a light foundation meaning it doesn’t give you as much coverage as most other foundations. If you’re going for a more natural look then this is a product that you should try. I have very clear skin with blemishes sometimes appearing around my nose/cheek area. I don’t like to put makeup where there doesn’t need to be any so on those days when I’m having a good “skin day”, I will apply this foundation and go on with my day. Because it’s so light however, it doesn’t last all day. I would give it maybe four to five hours of coverage at most. But, I also don’t apply any kind of setting powder afterwards so that may make a huge difference for you! Unfortunately, the packaging is glass, which is no bueno for someone like me who travels a lot with their makeup. I have cracked a few of these bottles already and have had to go buy new ones. So if you’re as clumsy as I am, fill it into a plastic bottle once you get it!


 Lancôme: Teint Idole Ultra 24H
Welcome to my every day foundation (for now)! Like I mentioned before, I don’t use any setting powder for my foundation – I like to use as minimal of makeup as possible. Instead of powder, I put on bronzer to contour my cheekbones and I find that helps with making my foundation last a bit longer. I wouldn’t say this lasts a full 24 hours but it definitely lasts up to half a day (12 hours). This foundation is so smooth and has amazing coverage. What I mostly love about this foundation is knowing how much work it took for this company to perfect it. It took the Lancôme company up to eight years of research before unveiling this product. If there’s one thing I love, it’s hard work and dedication. I feel comfortable and natural in this foundation therefore it was worth every penny!


I apply all of my foundations with a Chanel Foundation Brush. This is the easiest technique for me and I know for many other women as well. The Rimmel foundation can also be easily applied with your fingers (make sure you wash them first!).


Until next time dolls,
Amanda

XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment