Categories

Sunday 27 October 2013

Lazy Gone Wild

Happy Sunday everyone!!

The thing I love the most about the fall are all the beautiful colours that appear on the trees and around my neighbourhood. It just gives me this jolt of excitement when I see all the leaves changing colours and falling from their branches, leaving a mess on the grass. This season makes me want to go out during the day and then snuggle up in a blanket with a nice cup of hot chocolate at night! 

When it get's chilly outside I have a habit of going straight to my sweat pants and long-johns to keep me warm and comfortable. I decided to throw together a very comfortable look that looks fun and sexy and that can be worn out for lunch or to go shopping with some pals! 

The trick to wearing comfortable clothes and not looking like a bum is actually pretty easy. Here are a few steps that can make a lazy outfit look amazing:

Step 1: The Top
I have this very weird obsession with long-john-like long-sleeve shirts. I get most of mine from American Apparel and they are the comfiest tops that I own (I sometimes even sleep in them!). I always wear neutral colours like grey or black so that they are easy to accessorize. Accessorizing is key to making a comfortable look come to life. Add a chunky necklace to your look that will stand out! This will help get rid of that bum-like look; it makes a huge difference and it's just one accessory! Also, add a vest or an interesting jacket over your top when you go out. Layering can work wonders for you if you do it right!

Step 2: The Bottom
If you know me well, you know that I own about 20 pairs of leggings. I live in leggings. I have blue leggings, black leggings, white leggings, charcoal leggings, leather leggings, cotton leggings; any kind of legging, I probably have it! The miraculous thing about leggings is that you can wear them around your house on a lazy day but once you get that phone call from a friend saying to meet you at the mall in 15, all you have to do is change your shirt! Literally. Leggings can be worn to lounge around in or to a party. They are my everything. On a cold day I enjoy wearing my (faux) leather leggings that I purchased from Zara. They are extremely comfortable and they make anything I wear with it look sexy!

Step 3: The Shoes
My famous Dr. Martens... I have never been so in love with a boot before! They are beyond comfortable; I can even run in them. This kind of boot being the final touch to my outfit really made me forget that I was actually wearing a sweat-top! 

You don't have to do much to look great! You can still go out in your sweats and look good at the same time! It's all about the little details that you incorporate into your outfit. A nice statement necklace, proper layering, and a sexy boot and you're good to go! Don't stop being comfortable - but do it in a more confident and presentable way! Here are some pics of the outfit that I put together for this post. Enjoy!










Photo creds go to my brother! 
Until next time,
Amanda
XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment